1) What is the term that describes animals that eat coral?
2) What size fireworms prefer coral spats?
- Fireworms don’t like eating coral
3) What do fireworms use for locomotion?
4) Fireworms choose to eat coral spats instead of adult coral. What are reasons for this that is suggested by current research?
- Coral spat contain more nutrients than adult coral.
- Adult coral are poisonous to fireworms, and spat do not carry the poison.
- Small prey live in more protected habitats, and eating them ultimately protect the fireworm from predators as well